If you drive a car in Virginia, you will need car insurance. While you are required to carry mandatory liability insurance, you should also protect yourself against uninsured and underinsured drivers who hit you and either carry not enough or no insurance. Having car insurance in Virginia also helps in the event of damage, vandalism, or theft. Insurance companies provide claims assistance and help recover costs if another party causes an accident.
You Can Afford Car Insurance
Insurance allows you to pay small premiums now so you can avoid paying larger amounts later if you’re in an accident. Some ways to reduce your premium rates include:
- Maintaining an excellent driving record
- Insuring multiple cars with the same insurer
- Carrying other insurance policies, such as homeowners or life insurance, with the same insurer
- Keeping your grades above average, if you’re a student
- Having certain safety features or anti-theft devices on your automobile
You can opt for minimal coverage that allows you to meet your state’s liability requirements. For maximum protection, you may wish to consider liability coverage with high limits, along with comprehensive and collision insurance coverage and medical payments coverage for yourself and your passengers. Having car insurance in Virginia protects your assets and saves you money.